Further to the notice issued by the Ministry of Education, we are absolutely delighted to announce the reopening of the Primary School (all grades from Kindergarten to Upper III) on Tuesday the 26th of October 2021 according to the schedule given in this circular. Please read through the circular and note all the information given herein.
School Opening Dates
As directed, all classes will be divided into two groups (Group A and Group B) and will be expected to attend College on different dates in order to maintain 50% occupancy in the classes and in turn, maintain safe distances inside the classroom.
Week of the 25th of October 2021
- only Group A – to attend school on Tuesday the 26th of October 2021 o only Group B – to attend school on Wednesday the 27th of October 2021 o Thursday 28th and Friday 29th of October are holidays for the school due to the
- Royal Thomian Cricket match which will be played without spectators from the 28th to the 30th.
Week of the 01st of November 2021
- only Group A – to attend school from Monday (01st) to Friday (05th)
Week of the 8th of November 2021
- only Group B – to attend school from Monday (08th) to Friday (12th)
Week of the 15th of November 2021
- only Group A – to attend school from Monday (15th) to Friday (19th)
Week of the 22nd of November 2021
- only Group B – to attend school from Monday (22nd) to Friday (26th)
Week of the 29th of November 2021
- only Group A – to attend school from Monday (29th) to Friday (03rd Dec)
Week of the 06th of December 2021
- only Group B – to attend school from Monday (06th) to Friday (10th)
The dates beyond the 10th of December and the end of term dates will be confirmed in due course.
School Operating Times
- Kindergarten – 7.25am – 11.30am
- Form I – 7.25am to 12.00pm
- Form II – 7.25am to 1.00pm
- Lower III – 7.25am to 1.30pm
- Upper III 7.25am to 1.30pm
Entry and Exit Gates
Please use the following gates for entry at the start of school and exit at the end of the school day
- Kindergarten – Rifle Range Gate next to the Palm Beach Hotel on De Saram Road
- Form I – Rifle Range Gate next to the Palm Beach Hotel on De Saram Road
- Form II – Pool Gate at the bottom of College Avenue
- Lower III – Pool Gate at the bottom of College Avenue
- Upper III – Rifle Range Gate next to the Palm Beach Hotel on De Saram Road
Please do not crowd near the gates at the point of dropping off and picking up your son(s) / ward(s).
Having received advice from many educational and child psychology experts, we have informed our teachers not to start syllabus work from day one, and instead to get to know the children and to have fun activities / activity-based education helping the students to ease back into physical school and adjust to an ordinary school day as the students have not had much in-person school this year and last year.
Please don’t worry about completing syllabi and end of term exams et al. We will ease into the syllabus and help the students achieve the essential learning outcomes of the grade, and we give you the assurance that your son(s) / ward(s) will not be disadvantaged in any way.
The canteens in the school will not be opened as per the reopening guidelines issued to schools. As such, please ensure that you send food and a bottle of water for your son(s) / ward(s) to consume during the day.
Sharing of food, water and other material will not be allowed in order to reduce the possibility of passing on germs between students.
Face masks are compulsory to be worn when entering and when in the school. Please make sure your son/ward has a mask which he is comfortable wearing as these have to be worn right through the day. Please send an extra mask in a sealed bag for the boys to use in case their mask gets dirty.
The mask will only be taken off at the time the children consume food. This will be inside the classroom while maintaining distancing and under the supervision of the teachers. The children will be encouraged to follow safety protocols at all times.
All our teachers have been double vaccinated and have been trained in the safety protocols expected to be followed when in school.
All students will be expected to wash their hands and sanitize their footwear when entering the school. The body temperature of each of the boys too will be checked at the entrance by the teachers.
We have prepared a section in the sickroom in case a student is showing covid like symptoms, and proper safety protocols will be followed as per the advice received by the Health Professionals. However, parents are requested not to send their son(s) / ward(s) to school if they are having a fever / covid like symptoms / breathing difficulties just to be sure.
All classrooms and common areas of the school will be sanitized daily and we will ensure that we do everything we can to make sure the campus is free and void of the Covid virus.
Please be kind enough to fill the following Google Form with the necessary information for our records only.
Please find below an excerpt from the Guidelines issued to schools on the reopening of schools found here.